Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not brave enough

Thursday, December 17, 2009
every time I see her, my heart pounds so fast. I acted strong when I am around her, but deep inside me I am weeping. I wanted to tell her things but I was too afraid to let my heart out. I was too afraid that she’d laugh at me. I am such a dummy and I am so stupid! i follow her around like some kind of slave, but I’m glad I am doing it and even though sometimes she didn’t really mean what she said, if I will get hurt. I just want her to know that I gave my respect to her.

Anyway, It happened all back in my college days. It really felt painful to see everyone so happy on the first day of school. Everyone was so happy while I was weeping my eyes out to her. Because she told my friend that her boyfriend and her just broke up, and she spent the night drinking alcohol. so she was quite drunk the following morning. her heart was still breaking apart and her mind was still confused. she walked on the downtown, drunk and woozy, talking nonsense things. A car had almost hit her, and she was unlucky she wasn’t. she was determined to die at that very moment. She’s been with his boyfriend three years back then her boyfriend breaks it just because she found someone more interesting than she is, and that person turns out to be her twin sister who just transfer in to our school.

However, she was depressed and feeling lonely, she went her way to a bridge. I know I am this strange looking guy to her, and I know her, since I was a freshman, I know everything about her, but she doesn’t know anything about me. anyway I just finished my part time job and i am on way to school, I am working student at that moment. And I parked my bicycle on one side. she was really cute but kind of weird with her eyes closed. she waved her hand up and down in front of her face and she just smiled, i pretend that i didnt noticed her, i didnt move. she climbed aboard the railings and she tried once more. I didn’t move again, she was about to climb down when she slipped, since she was drunk and fell off the bridge giving her a huge splash on the face.

Unconscious, everything went dark soon afterwards. And when she woke up, she was in a white quite room. I saw her sleeping with her clothes were changed and a dextrose was pushed in her left hand. And then she sat up and figured she was in the hospital. I was with her, the guy whom she saw at the bridge, and the guy who save her life. i was sleeping on the chair next to her. she grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. I woke up, I stumbled and fell flat on the floor. then she started yelling at me. she was furious! she blamed me for changing her clothes. But I shielded myself with my arms as she stoop from her bed, she continued hitting me with her pillow, then all of a sudden the dextrose was plugged out from her hand and blood started to gush out. i immediately tore a piece of her shirt and tied it on the open wound then i called out for a nurse.

After that, we spent our days together. she called me “sweets”, although i thinks it doesn’t mean anything because she always bully me, I do wish she’s accept me as her friend, a good friend, best friend, or more than a best friend, but the problem is she thinks I am such a wimp to deserve a girl like her. I know she’s hurt inside, i obeys whatever she says.

Whenever we eat out, I will order something good food for her but she would always tell me ”Do you want to die?” And she will order for me. I doesn’t seem to care about it so she was doing it all the time. she would always hit me when I am being late, even though i arrive earlier, but I'm the guy who doesn’t fight back, I just leave it and forget everything what she was doing to me because I know there was a big hole in her heart, I want her to know i just scared to fight back to her because I want her to be tough, and I am here to listen, a shoulder to cry on and someone who will put a smile on her face.

sometimes I don’t know what she was thinking but it seems that she want to climbed on a mountain, i can not do anything just to follow her whatever she likes just to help her forget her past. Next we climbed a mountain once, then she saw another mountain across where we were. she asked me, “Do you think someone could hear us if I shout from here to there?” I shrugged and i said a flat no. she ordered me to go there so we could try it out, I refused once but I give up, I went anyways. I walked down heading to the mountain across until I finally saw her shadow from my place. I waved at her and she started to shout something. Of course, I couldn’t hear her, I shouted back. then we went home.

After that, she told me to meet her at the bridge but things became more complicated. On my way, I saw them talking at the bridge, her boyfriend grabbed her on the arm. I know It was HIM! Yes, the one who broke her heart! then I got confused, I felt that I am not enough, I felt that I am not brave enough to cover her empty hearth, I turned my back and moved on the other directions. My heart was totally broken. I'm not brave enough. I had no choice but not to show up. I’ve been depressed for a month not talking to her, not attending to schools, I just stayed in my room and to my favorite place which I know I could vent and talked to the old beautiful tree besides the bridge when the first time we meet. i know i am not brave enough. Then I live a note on to the cemented railings with the red envelope perhaps hoping she may came over and read my letter to her.

Then after a month’s were not seeing each other, she sent me a letter saying.

Dearest XXXXX

The day I told you we will meet at the bridge, I met my damn boyfriend, even if I wanted him to die at this very moment. He was begging to get me back, but I refused and told him I had someone else. He made it hard for me that resulted to him beating me up. I do not want you to see me the way I really am. thats why dont want to see you for a week... anyhow i knew you would confused what i was shouted on the mountain.

And this is the words i yelled “I’m sorry! I am just a helpless girl!.... I had tears trickled down my face every night and day missing you…. I’m sorry for treating you the way you shouldn’t be treated! I’m sorry for being always tough on you. I know you’re fed up of me and you’re afraid to leave me because I always taunt you. I treat you that way because… because…You’re someone who takes it away from me. You’re someone who listens and wills to do everything just to make me happy. I’m sorry! And I like you! I always had! I’m sorry!”, I knew you couldn’t hear me. But it was too hard to bear so I had to let it out and this was the only way I knew how” I am sorry.

After that day, I knew you wouldn’t wait for me and must be boiling furious. I didn’t go anywhere but to my room. Then, I heard one day you where leaving for some urgent matter. Perhaps you were leaving for good, and to away from me. I searched for you, but I couldn’t find a trace of you. And it came to a realization about your favorite place. I rushed there and saw a note posted on the cemented railings. It was in a red envelope and I wouldn’t miss anything that was red. I took it and read it. It says,

“Even though you act tough, I know you are crying inside, I know it was hurt, so am I. That is why I’ve been always here for you. I liked you; I hope you’re realize that. Goodbye!”

And by that, I never saw you. Months passed, and season change and came. I stood by the old tree that bloomed once at its most beautiful. Yes. This tree bloomed when you and I first met. Right on this bridge. The tree that stood by the bridge lost its beauty when everything went complicated. And now, I am regretting things. So I sat down on one side of the trunk and thought of what you’d probably look like by now. “If only I could see you right now!. you are always stay in my heart forever.”

xxxxxxxx

my mood: 3.0/10

4 comments:

beanizer_05

ow xman..i nvr xpected 2 get tuck reading a long post lyk this..wat a story..is she ur wife?..dt ws a beautiful luv story..it dd happen?..oh well very nice work :)

Unknown

no. she's not my wife.

beanizer_05

i see..bt stl it's a great piece..and pardon my words de..it's stuck not tuck..hehe..

Unknown

beanizer_05:
its okay, i'm worst speller, i just used Microsoft word spell checker to correct my words and grammar. it really helps. thanks have a good day. merry Christmas and advance happy new year to you.. if you've got related article you can link your blog to my post.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Distributed by Deluxe Templates